Minutes of the Executive board of ISOC-ECC
Venue: Skype conference
1.Andres Oliva –AO, vice-chair
2.Borka Jerman-Blažič – BJB, chair
3.Rudi Vansnick – RV – treasurer
Absent: Eric Thompson – secretary
0.Review of the actions from the second GA of ISOC-ECC, October 2006
1.Status of the server and services
2.FP7 call on Future Internet
3.European Privacy Institut
4. 1 Elections/mandate of the Executive Committee
4.2 Next GA
5.Incorporation of the rest of the chapters
7.Inviting new Chapters to join ISOC-ECC
8. Possibility for opening poject calls to ECC member Chapters
Actions from the second GA:
– Send concrete proposal for the enlargement of the ISOC-ECC Executive Committee. (Borka),TO BE PROPOSED ON THE NEXT GA
– Message to membership to launch discussion on the main ISOC-ECC activities (Rudi)s, in work (see this document)
– Open Forum at the WEB pages (Andres, Rudi) to discuss the main ISOC-ECC activities ON-GOING , see this document
– Proposal to welcome the new ISOC Reston board members and ask for replacement ofNelson Sanchez (Borka), DONE
– Letter to Mrs. Viviane Reding presenting ISOC-ECC and asking for formal support. (Borka), in preparation
– Clear up the financial support of the Catalonian organisation (Andrés), DONE, funds being transferred.
– Website update(andres), DONE
ISOC.EU registration data update (Rudi and Michiel) DONE
– Reservation of ISOC-ECC.EU (Rudi) DONE
– Activation of these domains pointing to ISOC-ECC website. (Rudi) DONE
– Establishment of ISOC-ECC mirror sites. (ISOC Belgium and ISOC Germany) in work
– Message inviting ISOC-ECC members to send their proposals of actions and plans related to financial expenses (Rudi), in work, see this document
– Establishment of ISOC-ECC’s financial plan (Rudi) in work
– Web site update. DONE
– Concrete proposal regarding ISOC-ECC’s liaison and back up representatives to third bodies (ISOC France and ISOC Belgium-Wallonie) DONE, invitation sent to the member list
– Statement about ISOC-ECC relations with Euralo (Sébastien).In progress
– Concrete proposal: the Internet Governance European Forum project (Sébastien). In progress
– Publish Borka’s presentation on ISOC-ECC website (Rudi), DONE
– Establishment of ISOC-ECC mirror sites. (ISOC Belgium and ISOC Germany)
Michiel Leenaars, ISOC-Netherlands, in work
– ISOC.EU registration (Rudi and Michiel), DONE
Ad.1 The server is running better now, but still happens to be down. The reason could be in the damaged network card that will purchase by AO and passed to the organization that maintained the server. AJB and AO will contact Prof. Artur Serra responsible for the organization i2CAT regarding provision of better service. ISOC De will be asked for a provision of mirror site.
Ad.2 Several contacts set up. ISOC-ECC invited to join the initiatives for two proposals in the area of Future Internet.
Ad.3. Privacy institute is of interest for ISOC-ECC. ISOC-ECC is asked to send a person to represent ISOC-ECC. It is recommended to be ISOC-ECC member from research or university institutions. Borka to contact the membership.
Ad.4. The two years mandate that was approved on the VGA of the current Execom is expiring this year. It was decided a Call for candidate to be issued by March 20th. Closing of the call should be one month later, April 20th and membership will be invited to vote. The voting period must close by the end of May 2007. Rudi will provide the documents and material from the last election in support of the preparation of this year elections. Next GA should be a year after the second GA and this is the period of October/November 2007.
Ad.5 Incorporation of the rest of the Chapter. Currently only three chapters are registered as founders of the ISOC-ECC legal bodies. Action should follow for the rest of membership to be registered in the ISOC-ECC legal documents. Action to be carried out by Eric Thompson.
Ad.6 ICANN/EURALO and ISOC-ECC. As Sebastien did not provide a written document for the relationship and the next meeting of this organization of formation is in Lisbon this month it was decided ISOC-ECC to propose collaboration and coordination with this organization and exchange of liaison officer from each organization to the other one. This relationship could be formulated as a bilateral agreement that will specify the cooperation in matter that are of interest for both organizations. Rudi and Andrès to discuss this at the meeting and to contact Portugese experts for setting up Portugal Chapter.
Ad.7 the new recognized chapters from ISOC e.g. Romania, Macedonia and Serbia should be imitated to join ISOC-ECC. Invitation to be mailed by Borka. Rudi will contact U.K, Scotland, Switzerland and Ireland Chapter and invite them to join.
Ad.8 ISOC-ECC members will be invited to propose action and activities that needs small financial support as an input to the financial plan to be discussed in the next GA. New brochure with correct text should be printed in higher number that one delivered at eChallenge conference.
1. AJB and AO to contact Arturo Serra. AJB to contact ISOC DE.
2. BJB to contact the membership regarding ISOC-ECC representative to the Privacy Institute Initiative.
3.Incorporation of the members in the ISOC-ECC legal documents, action to be performed by ET.
4. Election of the Execom. Document preparation. Task for RV.
5. RV and AO to contact EURALO regarding possible cooperation and coordination of work, exchange of liaison officers and setting up bilateral agreement.
6. Invitation of European chapters to join, BJB and RV.
7. Call for proposal for activities and actions to the membership to be considered for the financial plan (RV) and the next GA.